celebrity stalking in taiwan-how to get into Entertainment 100%娱乐百分百Filming-yen-J and Hsiao Hung Jen
So during my time in Taiwan, I was fortunate enough to be allowed to participate in the filming of an episode of Entertainment 100%娱乐百分百, featuring Yen-J and Hsiao Hung Jen in a 'celebrity friend' episode of the show! For the content of what they talked about on the show, I'm sure you can just find out by watching the episode itself, but I hope I can share with you guys a few tips if you're ever in Taipei and wanting to catch one of these shows!
Step 1: Plan Ahead
If you have a particular artist in mind, the best way to possibly secure a way to participate in their TV activities would be to make sure you're in the right place at the right time. If you're only coming to Taiwan for a holiday, these activities probably release their schedules about 2 weeks, or sometimes only days in advance of the actual filmings themselves! So if you know that an artist you like is releasing an album soon and will be starting promotional activities for that particular album, or concert, or starring in a tv drama that will be airing soon, that would be the best time to start planning around when you might want to come to Taiwan!
Step 2: Getting into the right circles
You guys are probably most concerned about how exactly you get into these filmings. Well, it's really not as hard as you may think! You don't need any special passes to be able to participate, just like the fanpage of the particular artist on facebook, and keep an eye on all their posts, by clicking 'get notifications' to them on facebook or just basically keeping an eye on their wall or your newsfeed from any posts from them! This doesn't just go for 娱乐百分百filmings, but for all kinds of promotional activities that that artist may be having.
**NOTE: A very important note; I don't just mean liking the official page of the artist you like, but the official fanclub Facebook page. Oftentimes, these fanpages will have intimate interactions with the artist or the artists' management, who will pass to them exclusively information about filmings. They will also share information about the activities of the artists themselves. If you want to go to filmings in particular, YOU MUST LIKE THE RIGHT FANPAGE. Most of the time the artist's official page wouldn't release filming information, so make sure you get it right.
Step 3: Act fast
Once you see the post or notification from the fanclub about a TV filming, be sure to act fast! There are many fans who will want to participate as well, not only from the artist who will be on the show that day, but also from Show, Alien, Lollipop F or Butterfly who will also want a chance to see their favourite celeb, so make sure your availabilities are all clear for that day, and go straightaway to register! If you want to go with friends, check with them their availabilities as soon as possible and register together.
Step 4: How...?
So once you see the post, they'll ask you to register, most probably by filling in your details by clicking on a link to a google survey, or to a google drive of some sort where you have to put in your details, such as name and number. If you can complete the document fully without any problems, that means that you've successfully registered yourself! Since it's just google docs, the page will probably say something like 'Thank you for your participation' but basically it means that you're all done registering!
Some details to take note of:
-Address of the station (GTV or other)
-How to get there: Punctuality is a must depending on which station you go to, at GTV they made me wait over an hour, while for other shows, they were fully on time and ushering us in as soon as we got there. Make sure you get your directions down, or if you're planning to take a taxi, make sure you have the address written down in traditional chinese for the driver.
-Bring a jacket-TV stations are cold!
-Duration: If its entertainment 100%, the filming took about one and a half hours, and you are not allowed to take pictures on set (but I did anyway, sorry!). Other friends who went at different times told me the staff were very strict about cameras and phototaking, but I was able to sneak a few in with staff that were pretty friendly in general.
What was my experience like?
You really do get to interact very closely with your favourite singers and also the hosts, Butterfly and Weilian who were the hosts that day were really kind and friendly, making conversation with the audience during the breaks! As did Yen-J and Hsiao Hung Jen, but they were quite nervous about having to perform and so only really interacted with their fans after the end of the shoot. If you have a present for any of your artists, you can pass it to them after the shooting, and hear them say thank you to you personally! Definitely an experience I treasure and would definitely go back another time! I hope you guys have a wonderful time, and that this little post helps you out too!
These photos were most probably taken by my friend Sinita...Thanks for the pictures!
List of artists/musicians/personalities I saw during my time in Taiwan:
**the number next to their name signifies how many times I saw each artist
Again, if you have any questions about any of the artists I saw, please feel free to ask! I'm happy to answer whatever I can. These are artists from all walks of life, some are producers who I really like, or musicians I really appreciate, or of course singers who I'm a fan of. Some may be jazz musicians, others singers from eras past or some of the new up and coming indie musicians. I am so glad to be a part of all these events, and to have had the chance to watch them all perform in their respective professional settings!
Mify Chen (from Roomie)
许仁杰 Stanley Hsu
Lara Veronin梁心颐 (4)
林俊杰JJ Lin (2)
Andrew Chen陈势安 (3)
Lala Hsu 徐佳莹(3)
Hsiao Hung Jen萧闳仁
He ren jie 河仁杰
Skot Suyama (2)
张震岳Chang Chen yue
Lin yu chun小胖
Huang zhi jiao
威权from lollipop F
As I've finally started going through all my Taiwan stuff I've decided to create a log of all the concerts and events that I've been given the privilege of attending during my time in Taiwan. If you'd like any information about any of the concerts that are listed below, feel free to comment or to message Asian Pop Weekly via facebook!
· 21st-Sunny Frog concert @ Ximending Riverside Featuring Lara Veronin, Stanley Hsu, Mify Chen and others
· 24th-KKBOX Awards @ Taipei Arena featuring JJ Lin, Sodagreen, Lala hsu, Yen-J, William Wei, Diana Wang, Dawen Wang, Jam Hsiao, Queen Wei etc..
· 14th-Lara Veronin at Chengyuan High School with Freya Lin
· 28th-Joanna Wang <Midnight Cinema> screening
· 29th-William Wei <有所畏> autograph session at Huashan Creative Park
· 30th-势在必行2 音乐分享Party at Huashan Creative Park
· 11th-Lara Veronin at永春高中with R.Chord and Bii
· 19th –Yen-Joy Everyday Birthday Concert at Legacy Taipei
· 20th-VChuan 《全是爱》 autograph session at City Café 花房
· 20th –Joanna Wang Free Music Event & Autograph Session
· 22nd-Yen-J&Hsiao Hung-Jen 娱乐百分百好友音乐会 Filming at GTV station
· 5th-MP Magic Power Autograph Session for Coke @ 7-11
· 7th-Gigantic Roar音乐会@ Legacy Taipei
· 10th-William Wei <在你身边>Concert @ Legacy Taipei
· 14th –Peggy Hsu <La Valse>音乐会@Starbucks Gongguan
· 16th-金曲奖Program Filming featuring Yen-J, Ricky Hsiao, Li Ya Sha among others
· 23rd-Interviews with Shawna Yang, Brandy Wu and Michelle Wu from Metamorphosis Jazztet @Blue Note Jazz Club
· 24th-City of Irony featuring Esther and Lara Veronin screening at SPOT cinemas in Huashan Creative Park
· 24th -Yoga Lin Speaking in Tongues Concert @Taipei Arena
· 30th-Metamorphosis Jazztet Lunchtime Concert
· 30th-Interview with Skot Suyama
· 31st-Ricky Hsiao <上水的花> Autograph session @ Huashan Creative Park
· 31st-Dawen Wang & Hush performance at NTU
· 1st-Hito Awards Featuring Hebe, Tanya Chua, Lala hsu, William Wei, Claire Kuo, Rachel Liang, JJ Lin, Sodagreen,Waa Wei, Dawen Wang, Yen-J,Diana Wang, Jia Jia etc.
· 5th-The Next Big Thing event @ Legacy Taipei
· 6th –William Wei lecturing for the Golden Melody Awards program @ NTU
· 15th-Lala Hsu preview concert for new album <寻启人生>@ Legacy Taipei
· 22nd-Met Lara & Esther at Topo Café for Afternoon Tea after winning TAWKI poster competition
· 26th –Golden Melody Awards Livehouse-Crossing Borders featuring Olivia Ong, Andrew Tan, Diana Wang and others
It's been my dream since I started getting to know more about Chinese music to be able to live in Taipei, and now I'm finally going to be able to! Starting from the 11th of February, I will be staying in Taipei for 139 days and hope to share parts of my experiences that may be helpful with readers everywhere! This may include upcoming events in Taipei, concert reviews, and just titbits on life in Taipei in general. (Feb 2014)