List of artists/musicians/personalities I saw during my time in Taiwan:
**the number next to their name signifies how many times I saw each artist
Again, if you have any questions about any of the artists I saw, please feel free to ask! I'm happy to answer whatever I can. These are artists from all walks of life, some are producers who I really like, or musicians I really appreciate, or of course singers who I'm a fan of. Some may be jazz musicians, others singers from eras past or some of the new up and coming indie musicians. I am so glad to be a part of all these events, and to have had the chance to watch them all perform in their respective professional settings!
Mify Chen (from Roomie)
许仁杰 Stanley Hsu
Lara Veronin梁心颐 (4)
林俊杰JJ Lin (2)
Andrew Chen陈势安 (3)
Lala Hsu 徐佳莹(3)
Hsiao Hung Jen萧闳仁
He ren jie 河仁杰
Skot Suyama (2)
张震岳Chang Chen yue
Lin yu chun小胖
Huang zhi jiao
威权from lollipop F
As I've finally started going through all my Taiwan stuff I've decided to create a log of all the concerts and events that I've been given the privilege of attending during my time in Taiwan. If you'd like any information about any of the concerts that are listed below, feel free to comment or to message Asian Pop Weekly via facebook!
· 21st-Sunny Frog concert @ Ximending Riverside Featuring Lara Veronin, Stanley Hsu, Mify Chen and others
· 24th-KKBOX Awards @ Taipei Arena featuring JJ Lin, Sodagreen, Lala hsu, Yen-J, William Wei, Diana Wang, Dawen Wang, Jam Hsiao, Queen Wei etc..
· 14th-Lara Veronin at Chengyuan High School with Freya Lin
· 28th-Joanna Wang <Midnight Cinema> screening
· 29th-William Wei <有所畏> autograph session at Huashan Creative Park
· 30th-势在必行2 音乐分享Party at Huashan Creative Park
· 11th-Lara Veronin at永春高中with R.Chord and Bii
· 19th –Yen-Joy Everyday Birthday Concert at Legacy Taipei
· 20th-VChuan 《全是爱》 autograph session at City Café 花房
· 20th –Joanna Wang Free Music Event & Autograph Session
· 22nd-Yen-J&Hsiao Hung-Jen 娱乐百分百好友音乐会 Filming at GTV station
· 5th-MP Magic Power Autograph Session for Coke @ 7-11
· 7th-Gigantic Roar音乐会@ Legacy Taipei
· 10th-William Wei <在你身边>Concert @ Legacy Taipei
· 14th –Peggy Hsu <La Valse>音乐会@Starbucks Gongguan
· 16th-金曲奖Program Filming featuring Yen-J, Ricky Hsiao, Li Ya Sha among others
· 23rd-Interviews with Shawna Yang, Brandy Wu and Michelle Wu from Metamorphosis Jazztet @Blue Note Jazz Club
· 24th-City of Irony featuring Esther and Lara Veronin screening at SPOT cinemas in Huashan Creative Park
· 24th -Yoga Lin Speaking in Tongues Concert @Taipei Arena
· 30th-Metamorphosis Jazztet Lunchtime Concert
· 30th-Interview with Skot Suyama
· 31st-Ricky Hsiao <上水的花> Autograph session @ Huashan Creative Park
· 31st-Dawen Wang & Hush performance at NTU
· 1st-Hito Awards Featuring Hebe, Tanya Chua, Lala hsu, William Wei, Claire Kuo, Rachel Liang, JJ Lin, Sodagreen,Waa Wei, Dawen Wang, Yen-J,Diana Wang, Jia Jia etc.
· 5th-The Next Big Thing event @ Legacy Taipei
· 6th –William Wei lecturing for the Golden Melody Awards program @ NTU
· 15th-Lala Hsu preview concert for new album <寻启人生>@ Legacy Taipei
· 22nd-Met Lara & Esther at Topo Café for Afternoon Tea after winning TAWKI poster competition
· 26th –Golden Melody Awards Livehouse-Crossing Borders featuring Olivia Ong, Andrew Tan, Diana Wang and others
Wow, the days are going by so quickly its getting hard to count! I'm already dreading having to head back to Australia after my time in Taipei, its been so much fun! Today we didn't do much, but I was able to go for karaoke for the first time since I arrived in Taipei with friends! It was a totally different atmosphere than singing in Australia; for one everyone was really happy to sing along to any song that they even had an inkling of, and everyone(for the most part) were picking songs that everyone else could sing too! Being someone who loves singing and Chinese music, I really had a lot of fun singing with people who had a broader understanding of the chinese music scene, and allowed me to have a greater feeling of participation. Usually in Australia, none of my friends really listen to chinese music so I felt like when I sang my chinese songs while at Karaoke, people weren't really listening or having fun, but were instead 'giving in' to me. Needless to say, I generally felt bad about it and picked only a few songs (unless I went with a closer group of friends).
But the feeling of singing here with people who had a better idea of chinese music was completely different, and it made me really really happy to be able to participate in that atmosphere. So I guess happiness comes from the simple things really. Being in Taipei, I'm so thankful for every wonderful meal I have, every trip I go on with my friends, and every moment that I'm in this amazing city. So be thankful for what you have; keep your eyes and ears wide open and your life will surely be full of little moments of happiness!
As Sodagreen's song <你在烦恼什么>(What's the trouble on your mind) says : “是片刻组成永恒啊" (It's the moments that merge together into a period of forever. So make every moment count!
Here's Sodagreen's song that I previously mentioned; no matter whether you're feeling happy or sad, this song will give you time to sit back, reflect, and appreciate what you have.
And also here's a song I personally love that we sang at Karaoke yesterday; Wang Leehom's <依然爱你>(Always love you). Just like the lyrics say; treasure every moment of happiness be it with a loved one or with friends, or even by yourself!
Now back from my travels, I use this now as a blog to document any live reviews, and personal experiences related to our collective passion for Asian identity and Chinese music.